[Samba] Help, DNS forwarding not working!

Ole Traupe ole.traupe at tu-berlin.de
Tue May 29 12:05:23 UTC 2018

Please ignore, resolved now (although I don't know why or how). Strange
that things always resolve only after (!) posting to this list. The
latter seems to work in magic ways. ;)

Rowland, thank you very much for your quick replay!! I was able to ping
the forwarder, but i wasn't able to resolve any hostnames on the DCs
themselves. After I restarted the samba services, the issue went away. I
did some changes to the smb.conf and only applied them via "smbcontrol
all reload-config". Seems that a complete service restart was necessary
for whatever reason.

Thanks again!
Ole