[Samba] weird messages in logs

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Tue May 29 08:00:16 UTC 2018

Mandi! Emmanuel Florac via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> > I can fire up bug for the manpage?!
> At least it should mention the default of 100 and why you would want
> it at 0 instead.

the bug is exactly for that, manpage lie! ;-)

       usershare max shares (G)

           This parameter specifies the number of user defined shares that are allowed to be created by users belonging to the group owning the usershare directory. If set to zero (the default) user
           defined shares are ignored.

           Default: usershare max shares = 0

> Still, I can't fathom why some machines are trying to access
> non-existing shares named with a username with the last character
> chopped off...

This is effectively strage... but coult be only a minor bug in some
printf() call in logging.. anyway strange...