[Samba] Active directory sites

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Wed May 23 19:54:29 UTC 2018

Sorry Rowland, I'll leave this topic with the discussion about "sites".
I'll create another one for the discussion of "trusts".

By article of the link and other searches, based on the infrastructure of
my image, it would not be possible to configure sites, as they all need to
be in the same domain, correct?

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 4:30 AM, Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2018 16:44:58 -0300
> Elias Pereira via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the link Rowland!
> >
> > I read some of the old topics on the list, regarding trust
> > relationship between two different domains and said that samba could
> > not support. I think it was 2011 topics.
> >
> > Today, with so many updates, is it already supported?
> >

> Hang on, I thought we were discussing 'sites', this is totally
> different from separate domains. It is ONE domain, split into multiple
> sites, there is no trust relationship as such.
>
> However, trusts have been improved and should now work correctly
> (provided you use a new enough version of Samba)
>
> Rowland
>
> --

Elias Pereira