[Samba] [777] Trust relationship between different domains and locations

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Wed May 23 17:03:53 UTC 2018

hello folks,

Elias Pereira via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the link Rowland!
>
> I read some of the old topics on the list, regarding trust
> relationship between two different domains and said that samba could
> not support. I think it was 2011 topics.
>
> Today, with so many updates, is it already supported?

Rowland wrote:

However, trusts have been improved and should now work correctly
> (provided you use a new enough version of Samba)

Today I installed the new 4.8 version provided via Louis apt source.

I tried config trusts via via RSAT and in the end of config shows "The
operation failed. Error: The security ID structure is invalid." error.

Another point is, when I configure the NS entry via DNS manager for trust
external domain zone, the validate occurs with error. Shows "Validation
error, please try again later."

I tried to follow the link below.
https://araihan.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/how-to-create-an-external-trust-between-two-domains/

Should I configure the trust relationship via RSAT or via samba-tool?

--
Elias Pereira