[Samba] run script on domain join

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed May 23 10:20:42 UTC 2018

On Wed, 23 May 2018 12:06:49 +0200
Arnaud FLORENT via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Le 23/05/2018 à 11:57, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
> > On Wed, 23 May 2018 10:43:59 +0200
> > Arnaud FLORENT via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> >> surely but i never succeeded to ensure 100% ip is released.
> >>
> >> it is realy easier for me to work with static leases for my hosts
> > Yes, it probably would be ;-)

> >> when joining a domain,  windows renew the lease AND ask user to
> >> reboot
> > Are we talking Unix clients here and if so what OS ?
> no i'm currently testing windows 10  client

Then I think you are going to have to either give the win10 PC a fixed
IP or get the dhcpd server to issue an IP from the pool and then change
this to a fixed IP with 'on commit' and a script. The only problem
that I can see is, you would have to reboot the PC before the join.

This is getting complicated :-(

Rowland