[Samba] Invalid zone operation IsSigned ERROR

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue May 22 22:09:32 UTC 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018 15:44:49 -0500
rschiefer at suturehealth.com wrote:

> I noticed the krb5 service is not running on DC-1.  Is that needed?
> Is it needed on all the DCs?
>
> I can get it running if I run the "kdb5_util create" command.

Are you running a kerberos server separately on each DC ?

If you are, I suggest a quick 'apt-get purge <what you installed to
get the kerberos server>'. You should only have kerberos client
packages installed.

What packages did you install to get Samba working on the DCs ?

You should have something like these:

attr samba smbclient dnsutils acl krb5-user ntp winbind

You will also need these to use a DC as a fileserver:

libpam-winbind libpam-krb5 libnss-winbind

You can check if Samba kerberos is running with:

netstat -an | grep :88

It should produce something like this:

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:88              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 :::88                   :::*                    LISTEN
udp        0      0 192.168.0.6:88          0.0.0.0:*
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:88              0.0.0.0:*
udp6       0      0 :::88                   :::*

Rowland