[Samba] RSAT Hang

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue May 22 16:34:23 UTC 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018 09:08:31 -0700
Gregory Sloop via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I was under the impression that during provision that the
> Administrator account got all the domain [and other] "root" privs by
> default. If that's the case, why doesn't Administrator have the privs
> we'd expect? [Perhaps I misunderstand what Administrator starts with
> after an initial provision.]

Administrator  doesn't get any privileges normally, but it does
inherit all the 'Administrators' group privileges, but even this
group doesn't get them all AND they only apply to the DC.
You need to create them on each Unix machine.

> As to your prior message - the FreeNAS box isn't part of the setup
> yet. I'm just trying to get the user and computer accounts I'll need
> to join the NAS to AD ready.

If the NAS isn't part of a domain, it isn't like to know who a domain
user or group is, is it ;-)

Rowland