[Samba] Samba 4.8.2

Micha Ballmann ballmann at uni-landau.de
Fri May 18 12:44:09 UTC 2018

Is it possible to Mix Samba 4.8.2 with Samba 4.7.7?

I have three domain controller (up to 10000 users) running on Samba 4.7.7.

I want to kill all samba processes of Dc1 and do all necessary steps for an upgrade to version 4.8.2. Dc2 and Dc2 still running and providing.

After a reboot of the upgraded server, (Dc1) is the replication still working? Gpos are working?

I cant shutdown all domain controller for the same time, and upgrade them "offline" step by step!

Best regards
Micha