[Samba] gpo problem

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Fri May 18 10:04:07 UTC 2018

> On Fri, 18 May 2018 09:20:55 +0200
> Stefan Kania via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>> we have a strange problem with the "Default Domain Policy". Sometimes
>> on different PC the drivmappings are not working. When we do a
>> "gpupdate /force" we get an errormessage that the "default domain
>> policy" is not working for both the user-GPOs and the machine-GPOs.
>> We checked the permissions with "samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck" and
>> with "samba-tool gpo aclcheck" and everything is ok no messages.
>> Up to this point we did not do any changes to this GPO. Other PC will
>> work correctly. Then we did a change to the GPO and replicated the GPO
>> to the other DC. After we made the change, the PC will get the
>> drivemappings. We can then reset the GPO, replicate it and it's still
>> working. We had this here with several PC but not with all.
>> Any one of you had this problem before and has a solution?
>>
>> Stefan
>>

> Not sure if I understand this ;-)
>
> Have you modified the Default Domain Policy ?
> If so, undo your changes and create a new policy, you shouldn't change
> the two default policies.

After setting up the new Domain "NO"! Never ever change the "default
domain policy". Then we got the problem. I did a change to the policy.
Saved the change and then reset the change. Then the problem was solved.
Then all PC get all GPOs we created. Then there was another PC with the
errormessage about the "default doamin policy". Again, I change the GPO,
saved it, then reseted the GPO, saved it. Restarted the PC and all GPOs
were working again.
> If so, undo your changes and create a new policy, you shouldn't change
> the two default policies.
I know  All other settings where made with new GPOs.
It's relay strange, Because all the PCs having the problem were working
before without any problem. This happened not to all PC only a few.

Stefan