[Samba] Dcs Replication

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri May 18 07:41:30 UTC 2018

On Thu, 17 May 2018 20:24:06 -0300
Carlos <carlos.hollow at gmail.com> wrote:

> ThankĀ  very much you for the explanations!!
> I'm sorry for one more question...
> What is wrong in DCs in mode " full mesh topology" ? I don't
> understand why not...

Nothing, except that you are using an openvpn link between sites (not
that this really matters, it would be the same if it was a direct
link). This link is to provide a replication link between DC1 & DC3,
so if you wanted DC2 to replicate to DC3, it would use the same link.
This means that if something is changed on DC2, it would replicate to
DC1, which would replicate the change to DC3, then DC2 would also
replicate the same change to DC3, this is a bit redundant.

Rowland