[Samba] Problem with demoting, new dc and replic

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu May 17 19:35:57 UTC 2018

On Thu, 17 May 2018 16:23:15 -0300
Carlos Bordon <cgermanb at gmail.com> wrote:

> i found a new issue
> drs replicate dc4 dc1 CN=configuration,dc=example,dc=com
>
> ERROR=(<class 'samba.drs_utils.drsexception'>) dsreplicasync failed
> file"/usr/local/samba/lib/pynthon2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/dry.py"
> line 386 in run drs_utils.sendsreplicasync(server_bind,
> server_bind_handle, source_dsa_guid, NC, req_options)

Let me guess, you topology looks like this:

         Matriz site          Filail
            DC2                 DC4

Is this correct ?

If so, stop trying to replicate DC2 to DC3 and DC4 to DC1, it will not
work. You only have a a problem if DC2 will not replicate to DC1 or DC4
will not replicate to DC3 and DC1 will not replicate to DC3.

Rowland