[Samba] Samba4 on Ubuntu 18.04 Howto setup ADDC with bind9_DLZ (extra part 4.8.1 samba)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed May 16 10:23:13 UTC 2018

Hai Paul.

Yep. time sync is a must in ADDC setups and for very server it a must imo.

You might need to sync a hardware clock also, because if the hardware clock gets more then 5 min out of sync.
You might end up en some strang problem.
And do note, NTP Server is only needed on the DC,s members, just point them to the DC.
Better imo, add CNAME ntp1 to dc1 and ntp2 to dc2 and use the ntp1/2 .domain.tld names in the configs.
Now, if you want another ntp, just change the cname endpoint.

sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
If you setup correct, the base install would have handled that and a dpkg-reconfigure should not be needed.
being picky here, since you wanted to know .. My way to install.   ;-)

Greetz,

Louis