[Samba] issue in samba configuration

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed May 16 08:53:08 UTC 2018

On Wed, 16 May 2018 11:48:20 +0530
"vikram M.C.V." <vikram.mcv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> OS = Solaris 10
> Version of Samba = 3.5.8

Your OS is EOL, as is your Samba version, if this is a bug, your
chances of getting this fixed is less than nil.

> Config of samba:
> =============
> map to guest = bad user
> interfaces= e1000g0
> wins server=

You do not need the above line, it is the default.

> name resolve order = bcast host
> netbios name= unknown

Is your computers hostname really 'unknown', as in 'unknown.example.com'

> server signing = mandatory\

Is the backslash '\' on the end a typo, if not, you should remove it.

> In above configuration, hot folder is not connecting in Windows 7
> machine, but if I remove " server signing = mandatory" hot folder is
> working fine. What will be the issue.

I have no idea, I do not know what is in the 'hot folder' because you
haven't posted the '[hot folder]' share.

> I tried in few other machine I made the same changes as "server
> signing = mandatory" there its working fine.

Are these other machines running Samba 3.5.8 on Solaris 10 ?
If they are, then the problem could be a firewall problem, if they
aren't, then it could just be down to your outdated computers.

Rowland