[Samba] domainuser cannot access a share

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat May 12 19:31:22 UTC 2018

On Sat, 12 May 2018 21:08:22 +0200
Michael Funke via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

>  Hey,
>
> I have a Windows Server 2016 as a DC and a Debian (Stretch) Server
> joined the domain. I only want to use this server as a fileserver, but
> domain-users cannot access the share.
>
> Here is what I did:
> smb.conf: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2fKDYFrZ6h/

Change:
idmap config * : range = 1000000 - 1999999

idmap config * : range = 3000-7999

The ranges cannot overlap, yours are identical

Remove the 'server role' line, it isn't a standalone server.

> nsswitch.conf: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/qjKnKMtZ42/

Remove winbind from the shadow line.

> mkdir /home/EXAMPLE/profile
> chmod 1770 /home/example/profile
> chgrp domänen-benutzer /home/EXAMPLE/profile
> net conf addshare profile /home/EXAMPLE/profile writeable=y
> guest_ok=n "profile" net conf setparm profile "profile acls" "yes"

The first three lines above are okay, but the next are only used if you
put smb.conf into a registry based config, put them into the smb.conf
itself.

> What did I do wrong?

Probably didn't read the samba wiki:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Main_Page