[Samba] wbinfo -r 'username' displays inconsistent results across DC's

lingpanda101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 16:18:29 UTC 2018

Hello,

     Looking up a users group membership I'm showing different results
on each DC. UID and GID mapping appears consistent but not all group
membership is displayed. I've verified idmap.ldb is backup up and copied
over to the other DC's. I do notice when taking a hot backup of
idmap.ldb, the file size is dramatically smaller than the original.
Using Microsoft RSAT to view group membership displays consistent
results. This behavior is not consistent for all users. Many show
consistent results while others do not. DC1 which is the first
provisioned DC appears to display all group membership accurately with
wbinfo -r.

Ubuntu 14.04LTS

Samba 4.7.5

smb.conf (Consistent across all DC's)

# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = DOMAIN
         realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL
         netbios name = DC1
         dns forwarder = 75.75.75.75 208.67.222.222
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = Yes
         server services = -dns

         log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.samba
         max log size = 5000
         log level = 0 auth_audit:3
         debug timestamp = Yes
         debug uid = Yes
         debug pid = Yes

         load printers = No
         printcap name = /dev/null
         disable spoolss = Yes

         tls enabled  = yes
         tls keyfile  = tls/myKey.pem
         tls certfile = tls/myCert.pem
         tls cafile   =

         ldap server require strong auth = no

[netlogon]
         path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/domain.local/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         read only = No

@DC2:~# wbinfo -r james