[Samba] smb_krb5_open_keytab failed (Key table name malformed)

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri May 11 16:13:14 UTC 2018

On Fri, 11 May 2018 17:40:18 +0200
shacky via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I joined a fileserver system with Samba version 4.5.12-Debian
> (fileserv) in an Active Directory domain managed by a Samba
> 4.6.7-Ubuntu installed on another system using "realm discover" and
> sssd.
>

> This is my Samba server configuration:
>
> [global]
> socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY

'socket options' appears twice, not bad for something you should leave
to the kernel ;-)

> password server = server-z1.domain.com

You should remove this and allow Samba to find the DC.

> dedicated keytab file = FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab

It should be just '/etc/krb5.keytab', remove 'FILE:'

> kerberos method = dedicated keytab

I would suggest changing this to 'secrets and keytab'

If these changes do not help, try asking on the sssd-users mailing
list, neither sssd or realmd have anything to do with Samba.

Rowland