[Samba] DsGetNCChanges 2nd replication on different

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed May 9 12:21:08 UTC 2018

On Wed, 9 May 2018 08:37:38 -0300
Carlos via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> More information:
>
> samba -v (compilated)
>
> Version 4.4.4
>
> Totla Dcs = 16
>
> smb.conf:
>
> [global]
>          workgroup = XXXX
>          realm = XXXX.xxxxx.com.br
>          netbios name = upsilon
>          server role = active directory domain controller
>          #passdb backend = tdbsam
>          passdb backend = samba_dsdb
>          server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,
> drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc,dnsupdate
>          map archive = No
>          map readonly = no
>          store dos attributes = Yes
>          vfs objects = dfs_samba4 acl_xattr
>          dns forwarder = XXXXXXX
>          dns forwarder = XXXXXXX
>
>          ldap server require strong auth = no
>
>          # Disable Cups
>          load printers = no
>          printing = bsd
>          printcap name = /dev/null
>          disable spoolss = yes

Is there a valid reason why you have messed with the smb.conf in the
way you have ?
I can understand the printer lines, but the rest ???
I would remove the following lines:

         #passdb backend = tdbsam
         passdb backend = samba_dsdb
         map archive = No
         map readonly = no
         store dos attributes = Yes
         vfs objects = dfs_samba4 acl_xattr
         dns forwarder = XXXXXXX
         dns forwarder = XXXXXXX

See if doing this helps, I also cannot understand why, when you are
compiling Samba, you are not using a more recent version.

Rowland