[Samba] Domain-Based DFS root from windows

Mimiko vbvbrj at gmail.com
Sun May 6 15:16:14 UTC 2018

Hello.

maybe there is info somewhere, but I can not find one that works.

I have a windows server 2008 R2 hosting Active Directory. Also have a linux server with samba4 joined to MS AD sharing folders with xaccl attributes
compatible with MS. I want to create on windows server a DFS domain-based root with a target to the samba. From DFS console I can not add such one,
only to some ms server with DFS service enabled. How to add a target to samba for a DFS domain-based root like \\domain.com\theshare ?

The only way I could do this is to shutdown linux server, create a windows server with same name as linux one and add the DFS domain-based root
pointing to the server, then shutdown windows server and start the linux. In that way DFS root works, but any management on it is not possible. Also
it is very inconvenient as linux server is not available and I need to rejoin domain on windows server and linux server.

please help or tips.