[Samba] CIFS Null Session Vulnerability Fix in Samba 3.5.10

Jurie Botha jurieb at gmail.com
Fri May 4 11:30:19 UTC 2018

Is moving the SAMBA server to a different machine an option?

You need to keep RHEL 5.8 for software, but perhaps you could set up a
seperate SAMBA server on another machine running a up to date version of
CENTOS, Debian etc with SAMBA 4.8?

Just a  suggestion that could solve your issue.

If your app is dependant on the SAMBA share you could alway mount the share
at the appropriate location on the RHEL server on boot via fstab. It's not
ideal and perhaps a bit messy but could work.

Hope this helps.