[Samba] IP aliases of DCs to prevent DNS timeouts

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed May 2 18:52:46 UTC 2018

Am 02.05.2018 um 20:45 schrieb Vincent S. Cojot via samba:
> Yes, all DCs are on the same site but some of them aren't always on: I
> have 4 non-symmetrical infrastructure hosts, each running redundant
> services and samba 4.7.6 in a VM. It is quite rare that all 4
> hypervisors are up at the same time (to save on noise and electricity)

and why in the world don't you move the VMs to other hosts instead
shutdown hosts *and* virtual machines?

frankly in case of power-outage we move all guests to a single node and
shut down everything else but i would never come to the idea to shutdown
a virtual server at any point in time

in a proper HA setup your remaining hosts needs to be able to cover the
virtual machines of failed ones anyways