[Samba] Detailed documentation about latest Samba AD DC authentication

Lapin Blanc fabien.toune at lapin-blanc.com
Tue May 1 14:44:15 UTC 2018

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place for this kind of questions, and
I'm sorry if that's not the case.
I have a work to present for school for which I need to understand the
authentication processes in
samba 4 latest versions (ie >= 4.7). More precisely, about the protocols
involved (ldap, ldaps,
kerberos, others ?), encryption types, etc.
Googling for documentation, I found a lot of informations, but many of them
are outdated, especially
concerning the general architecture of samba (now integrating most of the
services needed).
I found Andrew Bartlett thesis there and read it eagerly :
https://www.samba.org/samba/news/articles/abartlet_thesis.pdf
What I would like to find is something approaching, but kind of updated...
Any pointer would be welcome...