[Samba] The 'not-always-on' infrastructure at home and Samba4 AD DC's..

Vinicius Bones Silva vbs at e-trust.com.br
Wed Mar 28 22:18:05 UTC 2018

Cached credencials never expire, so it should be ok to go several weeks without talking to
your DCs.
Passwords may expire, if you use a password policy (the default is not to, iirc)

take a look at
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Flexible_Single-Master_Operations_(FSMO)_Roles and
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Transferring_and_Seizing_FSMO_Roles to check a few issues
you might run into.