[Samba] broken mailing-list -> Re: Accentuated characters issue when receiving attributes from "samba user syncpasswords"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 28 16:54:16 UTC 2018

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 18:22:16 +0200
> Reindl Harald via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>

>> Am 28.03.2018 um 18:07 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:

>>> OK, I see what you mean, but 'Mailman' is set up to NOT remove
>>> 'Reply-To' headers, this is what 'Mailman' recommends, so I don't
>>> see it changing
>>
>> WTF - nobody asked for remove it - i ask for not invite it because it
>> *adds one* even when there was none - to every single message coming
>> from this list
>>
>> don't stop prematurely read messages, i gave you an example where you
>> can see my sent-message from my local client as well as the reply-to
>> header in the middle of headers populated by the list server
>>
>> just go into your local list-folder nad look: *every* single message
>> of this list has a reply-to header pointing to the posters address
>>
>> and since this is only on *this* mlaing list while others which don't
>> do that also use mailman what is the point of your discussion?
>>

> When it comes to 'Reply-To', 'mailman' is set to 'Poster'
>
> AND
>
> From Mailman help:
>
> This option controls what Mailman does to the Reply-To: header in
> messages flowing through this mailing list. When set to Poster, no
> original message, it is not stripped.
>
> AND
>
> In the full headers of the post you referred to, there is this:

in the list message, yes, and that's the whole point of my "broken
mailing-list"

> Mailman isn't adding it and you say you are not adding it, so where is
> it coming from ??
from somewhere on the samba-maling list - period
how can you prove that Mailmain don't add it?

i can prove it's not there in the sent message and our postfix for sure
don't add headers (i am the mailadmin of some hundret maildomains and
would know that)

i can also prove that "Reply-To: Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>"
only exists in mails from the samba-list, not on any other mailing-list
and when i press "reply" on such a mail it becomes a off-list message
which is terrible