[Samba] Event log 4768 audit failure user root

tom kr hurr1c4n.2011 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 08:02:55 UTC 2018

Hi James,

first of all thanks for you answer.
I tried you suggestion with the user.map.
Unfortunately this does not solve the problem.

Each time I restart the smbd service, I got a new authentication request on my DC.
So the problem is located at the service itself.

Regarding the old / end of life version of the installed samba package.
I installed the package from the official Ubuntu repos. Do you think it could be a bug in this version?

Regards,
tom