[Samba] [OT?] winbind e quota...

Malte zu Klampen malte.zuklampen at ifg.uni-kiel.de
Tue Mar 27 14:38:29 UTC 2018

On 27.03.2018 09:54, Marco Gaiarin via samba wrote:
> Mandi! Micha Ballmann via samba
>    In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> What shows 'getent passwd'?
>
> Only local users, of course.
>
> Seems this is the culprit. I've tried 'quota' and works as expected:
>
>   root at vdmsv1:~# quota -su gaio
>   Disk quotas for user gaio (uid 10000):
>       Filesystem   space   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
>        /dev/sdb1    204K  51200M  56320M              39   50000   55005
>
> so seems that simply 'repquota' depend heavily on 'enumerated' users.

Correct, and it's not the only tool that relies on this assumption. The
smb.conf manpage warns of this:

"Warning
Turning off user enumeration may cause some programs to behave oddly.
For example, the finger program relies on having access to the full user
list when searching for matching usernames."

The default for 'winbind enum users' changed a while back iirc. It
defaults to off now and I've had no luck forcing it back on.

Cheers
Malte zu Klampen