[Samba] freeradius + NTLM + samba AD 4.5.x

Kacper Wirski kacper.wirski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 13:31:46 UTC 2018

Also I just facepalmed, as I double checked smb.conf right after sending
mail, and in samba 4.7 there are new options available for "ntlm auth",
as stated in docs:

|mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only| - Only allow NTLMv1 when the client promises
that it is providing MSCHAPv2 authentication (such as the |ntlm_auth| tool).

So that is is I suppose that special "flag" that is used by Microsoft
NPS/AD. I t h i n k I tested it before, but couldn't get it to work and
had to go back to "ntlmv1-permitted".

I'll test it out later today and give some feedback if needed.

Regards,

Kacper Wirski