[Samba] Writing on an HFS+ drive on raspberry pi

Andrea Devoto andrea.devoto at me.com
Sun Mar 25 22:45:52 UTC 2018

Hi Waishon,

Yes I did correctly mount the hfs plus drive using fstab.

I can write files in the drive when I am logged in as a user .

It seems that via the samba connection I cannot write files from my Mac, correct.

I do not the possibility the use the share, but I don’t know what you mean by disabling the unix estension. I will read up on it.

Unfortunately mac doesn’t come with getfacl but I have read that the option -e of ls should replace it, here’s the output:
sudo ls -lae
total 112
drwxr-xr-x@  9 root    wheel    288 Mar 25 23:37 .
 0: group:everyone deny add_file,add_subdirectory,directory_inherit,only_inherit
drwxr-xr-x  36 root    wheel   1152 Mar 25 23:14 ..
-rw-r--r--@  1 andrea  admin   6148 Aug 29  2016 .DS_Store
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root    wheel      1 Mar 19 11:17 Macintosh HD -> /
drwxr-xr-x  28 root    wheel   1020 Mar 25 23:14 Macintosh HD 1
drwxr-xr-x+  3 root    wheel     96 Sep 29 21:42 Preboot
 0: group:everyone inherited deny add_file,add_subdirectory,directory_inherit
drwx------   1 root    wheel  16384 Mar 25 23:37 Time Machine
drwx------   1 andrea  staff  16384 Mar 25 23:37 Time Machine-1
drwx------   1 andrea  staff  16384 Mar 25 23:40 andrea

the mounted drive andrea is the home directory on my pi on which I do have write permissions. I am not sure why Time Machine (the backup drive) has been mounted twice with different permissions.

Best,
Andrea