[Samba] Google Cloud Directory Service password synchronization for AD DC

Lapin Blanc fabien.toune at lapin-blanc.com
Thu Mar 22 22:48:28 UTC 2018

Hello, and thank you for the answer. I'm quite new to Samba, and when you
speak about  Samba storing a crypt() password hash and about the
virtualCryptSHA256 attribute I get the general meaning, but not the way to
get to those informations.
Would you have any pointer on where I could learn more about that ? I found
discussions about some patches from Stefan Metzmacher in the mailing lists,
is this what you mean ?
Google only accepts plain text, Base64, MD5 or SHA1, I don't know if I'll
found a consensus
Btw, I'll keep trying and keep you informed...

Cheers

Fabien Toune