[Samba] log error about permissions in truncated share path...

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Mar 21 16:58:47 UTC 2018

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 17:35:26 +0100
Marco Gaiarin via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > I think you need to post your smb.conf, I (at least) am struggling
> > to understand why you have moved 'sysvol' from /var/lib/samba/
> > to /var/lib/samba/usershare/, it isn't a usershare!
>
> I've not done that!
>
>  root at vdcsv1:/home# samba-tool testparm
>  Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions
>
>  # Global parameters
>  [global]
>  	netbios name = VDCSV1
>  	realm = AD.FVG.LNF.IT
>  	server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,
> drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate workgroup = LNFFVG
>  	check password script = /etc/samba/sapascosy-cps
>  	password hash gpg key ids = AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>  	server role = active directory domain controller
>  	template homedir = /home/%U
>  	template shell = /bin/bash
>  	idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>
>  [netlogon]
>  	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/ad.fvg.lnf.it/scripts
>  	read only = No
>
>  [sysvol]
>  	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
>  	read only = No

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong there, so why do you have this
in the log fragment you posted:

process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares/sysvo failed.
Permesso negato

Is there a file that starts 'sysvo' in /var/lib/samba/usershares ?

> I can disable 'usershares'?

You shouldn't have to, by default there is this setting 'usershare max
shares = 0', which means ignore any defined usershares.

Rowland