[Samba] Replication Failure Issue

David Minard david at scem.westernsydney.edu.au
Wed Mar 21 03:02:56 UTC 2018

G'day All,

	I have 4 DCs on Centos 7.1. Everything was working really well for
years, including replication.

	Then I decided that the OS needed updating. Did the yum update on one
of the DCs, rebooted. That server is now running Centos 7.4. Samba
seemed to start okay.

	However, samba-tool drs showrepl gives this error on all 3 of the other
DCs, and shows success on the updated DC.

DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=samba4,DC=scem,DC=westernsydney,DC=edu,DC=au
	Default-First-Site-Name\SAMBA4-10 via RPC
		DSA object GUID: 7fa7fc88-8d99-4217-b329-7e82324ec084

		Last attempt @ Wed Mar 21 12:58:13 2018 AEDT failed, result 58
(WERR_BAD_NET_RESP)

		10623 consecutive failure(s).
		Last success @ Thu Mar  8 14:34:14 2018 AEDT

	Any thoughts on why this DC is now not replicating properly? Any
thoughts on how to remedy this?

--

Cheers,
David Minard.

ITDS - ACE - SSTaRS
Western Sydney University
Building Y - Penrith Campus (Kingswood)
Locked bag 1797
Penrith NSW 2751

[Sometimes waking up just isn't worth the insult of the day to come.]

believed to be clean.