[Samba] Your advices regarding authentication methods compatible with S4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 19 18:24:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-03-19 at 12:01 +0100, Olivier BILHAUT via samba wrote:

> Hi Andrew, Hi Sam,
>
> Many thanks for your quick replies, we already
> worked on this doc page but due to the lack of smart card reader/writer,
> we did not finished the setup. We'll buy some hadware and create a
> testing S4 lab to finish this config.
>
> What about biometry ? Is there a
> way to store any biometrical information into the ldap backend ?

Not out of the box, but LDAP can be extended, that is the best part
about it.

> Is
> there by any chance any other third-party authentication method/tool
> that we can plug on S4 ? We would be pleased to avoid using another
> smart card if possible.

Indeed.  Most of the systems that do this hook into AD however by
pretending to be a smart-card system however, even if they are really
not so.  AD sees a smart card at the protocol level, but that is
emulated and just unlocked by the door card and fingerprint, for
example.

Andrew Bartlett