[Samba] samba 4.7->4.8 in place upgrade

barış tombul bbtombul at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:07:43 UTC 2018

same problem.
Never pass the 4.8 version.

 samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix
Unable to determine the DomainSID, can not enforce uniqueness constraint on
local domainSIDs

Searching for dsServiceName in rootDSE failed: operations error at
../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/rootdse.c:516
Failed to find our own NTDS Settings DN in the ldb!
Searching for dsServiceName in rootDSE failed: operations error at
../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/rootdse.c:516
Failed to find our own NTDS Settings DN in the ldb!
ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - operations error at
../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/rootdse.c:516
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 176, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/dbcheck.py",
line 135, in run
    reset_well_known_acls=reset_well_known_acls)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/dbchecker.py",
line 95, in __init__
    self.ntds_dsa = ldb.Dn(samdb, samdb.get_dsServiceName())
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/samdb.py",
line 943, in get_dsServiceName
    res = self.search(base="", scope=ldb.SCOPE_BASE,
attrs=["dsServiceName"])