[Samba] Unable to successfully join Samba 4.8.0 or Windows 2008 R2 to a Samba 4.6.7 DC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Mar 15 18:09:55 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-03-15 at 10:36 -0400, Justin Foreman wrote:
> After deleting the entire OU the failure happens on a different computer account in a different OU and so on. I don't think that there's anything unusual about my computer accounts.

Does it happen when you re-create the domain from scratch with 4.6 or
4.7 and join to 4.8?  What about a join of 4.8?  What if the source is
upgraded in place first?

Can you pin anything down in particular about it?

I would be very surprised if a 4.8 -> 4.8 join fails, as that is
extensively tested in the selftest, but the more clues we get and the
shorter the steps to reproduce the easier it will be to work this out.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett