[Samba] Unable to successfully join Samba 4.8.0 or Windows 2008 R2 to a Samba 4.6.7 DC

Justin Foreman jforeman at dignitastechnologies.com
Wed Mar 14 20:46:04 UTC 2018

This showed up at -d3:

DRS replication add DN of aca72580-587e-4dab-adee-07a5f8027dfa is
CN=foo,OU=bar,DC=baz
Failed to apply records: Failed to locally apply remote add of
CN=foo,OU=bar,DC=baz: ../lib/ldb/ldb_tdb/ldb_index.c:2012: Failed to
re-index servicePrincipalName in CN=blah,OU=blah,DC=blah - (null):
Operations error
Failed to commit objects: WERR_GEN_FAILURE

I've deleted the object in question and the failure just moves on to the
next object in the list.

Justin