[Samba] sysvolreset - open: error=40 (Too many levels of symbolic links)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Mar 14 13:22:25 UTC 2018

Hai Elias,

Ok, If you on my apt, why are you not on 4.7.6 now ;-)

And I would expect to see :
lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        9.4
Codename:       stretch

So first, apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade -dy && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade -y
People might as why like that.
1) update
2) download all upgraded files, ( even the one that might need extra packages )
3) upgrade as normal.
4) check of the "extra" packages.

Besides that, now since i normaly dont run samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset..
But !
For you i did it... I did run : samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
After more then a year..  On my production server. Oehh..
Resulted in : 0 errors.  :-)

And then i did the following.
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-check-set-sysvol.sh
bash samba-check-set-sysvol.sh
The output, review it.

If its ok, set the parameter : APPLY_CHANGES_DIRECT="no" to yes.
Run it again.

Done, sysvol works fine. :-)

You try it, im building packages so i have some "list" time ..

Greetz,

Louis