[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.8.0 Available for Download

Miguel Medalha medalist at sapo.pt
Tue Mar 13 21:21:12 UTC 2018

> Miguel, Karolin is the Samba release manager and as such is
> free to chose whichever quotes for the release she feels are
> appropriate. I am constantly delighted at the range of
> material she finds and uses !
>
> If you don't like the quotes you are free to unsubscribe
> from samba-technical, and you won't have to see them.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Jeremy Allison.

So is it now normal that *technical notes* about a Samba release START
with a political statement? I wouldn't mind very much if it was a
signature, but *start* a technical note with it? We are immersed enough
in political noise and indoctrination by the media and then we still
have to go through it again on a technical mailing list?

The only possibility here is for me to unsubscribe? Is it forbidden to
just give my views about it and then go on with life? Why?