[Samba] Workaround for bind9 reload bug : samba_dlz Ignoring duplicate zone

Prunk Dump prunkdump at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:13:09 UTC 2018

Hi samba team !

I'm face with a new problem on a new Samba PDC install (Debian 9).

I don't know why, but systemd run multiples "rndc reconfig" commands
during the init script. So the bind9 log file show :
-> A successful start
-> A failed reconfig (samba_dlz Ignoring duplicate zone)
at each boot/reboot.

So I need to restart bind9 each time manually. I created a wrapper
script and moved rndc to rndc.ORIG to intercept the reload and
reconfig commands. But I don't like this solution as rndc is a binary
and moving it prevent security updates to be applied on it.

Is there a way to make "rndc reload" and "rndc reconfig" working with samba ?

Is someone have an idea whose service send these "rndc reconfig"
command ? I can't find the origin.

Thanks !

Baptiste.