[Samba] Demoted dc not completely demoted, maybe?

Robert Wooden bob at donelsontrophy.com
Fri Mar 9 16:01:02 UTC 2018

I Google searched this morning and had found this:  "
https://superuser.com/questions/1281015/changing-computer-name-on-dns-samba4-ad-server"
which discusses a similarity to your suggestion.

I was concerned because I cannot tell if the OP is referencing 'internal
dns' or 'bind9'. However, what the OP is talking about doing, makes sense.

(Could be later today before I can get back to this. Hopefully leaving the
SOA as is for the moment is not doing me any serious non-repairable damage.
I have to get some "work" done.)