[Samba] smb protocol version

Alex Gutiérrez Martínez alex at dvm.esines.cu
Fri Mar 9 14:51:55 UTC 2018

Hi comunity, i have implemented in my company a small samba server only
use for sharing proposes. Mi problem is simple, in the config i set the
directives "client min protocol = SMB2" and "client max protocol =
SMB3_11". Acording to this 2 directives a client with Windows XP can't
connect to my server, but i have 2 clientes using that OS and conncect
without problems. I let my config here, any sugestions will be apreceated.

[global]
    ##
    local master = no
    load printers = no
    printing = bsd
    printcap name = /dev/null
    disable spoolss = yes
    ##
    netbios name = data1
    workgroup = MY
    security = ADS
    realm = MY.COMPANY.CU
    encrypt passwords = yes
    client min protocol = SMB2
    client max protocol = SMB3_11

    idmap config *:backend = rid
    idmap config *:range = 100000-200000

    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind enum users  = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes

    vfs objects = acl_xattr
    map acl inherit = Yes
    store dos attributes = Yes

    log level = 1
    log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log

[y]
   comment=Data_1
   path = /home/samba/data1
   browseable = Yes
   read only = No
   force create mode = 0660
   force directory mode = 0660

   vfs objects = acl_xattr full_audit
   full_audit:prefix = %u|%I|%S
   full_audit:facility = local7
   full_audit:success = mkdir rename unlink rmdir pwrite open
   full_audit:failure = none
   full_audit:priority = NOTICE

PD: English it's not my native language. Thanks in advance

--
Saludos Cordiales

Lic. Alex Gutiérrez Martínez

Tel. +53 7 2710327