[Samba] Yet another print problem samba4

Frédéric Goudal frederic.goudal at bordeaux-inp.fr
Fri Mar 9 13:59:51 UTC 2018

Hello,

After digging for hours in different web site, read several times the samba wiki, here is my problem.
I want to setup a print server for windows client with a cups backend where for now one printer run.

I have setup my linux host as a member of my domain.
I can use smbclient with both a user login/password or the Admin one and logon is accepted.
But… I can’t see my printers in share…
when I do smbclient -L myhost -U login
I can see the list of shares provided by my NAS storage… fine.
But no printer.
I have run smbd with -i as option, and it seems to find the printer I have some lines that mention it : (ourea is the name of the printer).

	Adding default registry entry for printer [ourea], if it doesn't exist.
	regkey_open_onelevel: name = [SOFTWARE]
	regkey_open_onelevel: name = [Microsoft]
	regkey_open_onelevel: name = [Windows NT]
	regkey_open_onelevel: name = [CurrentVersion]
	regkey_open_onelevel: name = [Print]
	regkey_open_onelevel: name = [Printers]
	regkey_open_onelevel: name = [ourea]

In the smbd log file I find :
 add_a_service: Creating snum = 1 for printers
  doing parameter path = /var/spool/samba/
  doing parameter printable = yes
  doing parameter browseable = no
  doing parameter read only = no
  doing parameter available = yes

I try to do an smbtree and I see no printer.
The only error I see is : lp_servicenumber: couldn't find homes

I try to do an rpcclient -L myhost -U login
enumprinters
Could not initialise spoolss. Error was NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

Here is a result of a testparm
oad smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER