[Samba] Demoted dc not completely demoted, maybe?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Mar 9 00:16:46 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-03-08 at 17:49 -0600, Robert Wooden via samba wrote:
> Will these DNS listings clear themselves with time or do I have a problem
> here?

They won't clear themselves, but Samba 4.9 in September will have tools
to clear this up better (a client has asked me to make this behave
better, so we are improving Samba in this area).

A 'samba-tool dns cleanup' command has already landed in master that
will remove references.

Finally the SOA isn't an issue any longer as in Samba 4.7 that will beover-stamped with the current server name.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett
https://samba.org/~abartlet/