[Samba] updating question

Robert Wooden bob at donelsontrophy.com
Sun Mar 4 15:41:03 UTC 2018

Thanks, Roland.

Just like my last version upgrade (from source) everything seems to be
moving along nicely.

On previous upgrades I had not considered that package requirements may
have changed. In reviewing the wiki, I accidentally discovered the need to
add these missing additional packages.

In my case, I simply compared my previous install notes package list to the
new system requirements and was surprised to find the need of these "new"
packages. Had I not installed them, I may have created my own problems due
to the missing packages.

Maybe the wiki upgrade page (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba)
needs a suggestion to add any additional system requirements packages?

This is only a suggestion.