[Samba] Feedback request on a tentative proposal to enhance smb.conf symlink-related params

Stilez stilezy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 13:03:39 UTC 2018

(Add to above email in this thread:
Symlink params aren't independent of other params, although conceptually
they could (and perhaps should?) be. Symlink handling entangles with Unix
extensions, with possible behaviour changes. The proposal avoids this and
gives "clean" and easily understood symlink behaviours that don't interact
with Unix extensions or any other params. So behaviour is consistent,
easier to be certain of implications, independent of other settings, and
distinct from whether or not Unix extensions are set.