[Samba] CTDB upgrade to SAMBA 4.8.3

Micha Ballmann ballmann at uni-landau.de
Thu Jun 28 12:47:52 UTC 2018

Hi again,

First, i revert to a snapashot with samba 4.7.7 and upgraded it to
4.7.8. I got no issue with my settings and "testparm" outputs as
expected. Next i tried again upgrade to samba 4.8.3. But i got the same
error like an email before.

Yes i guess its a problem that "tesparm" cant read the registry. When im
removing "include = registry" and add my global and share information to
smb.conf on each node, testparm shows me NO more error. But i dont want
to mange each smb.conf manually.

Its pretty weird, i guess the registry is still working fine because im
able to add, remove and list options with "net conf". Everything looks
good at first glance.

Is it maybe only an issue of "testparm" in samba 4.8.3?

How do i use "Samba/ctdb debug packages"? I compiled SAMBA from source
(./configure --with-cluster-support
--with-shared-modules=idmap_rid,idmap_tdb2,idmap_ad) and start the
daemons with:

###

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/samba/sbin/ctdbd_wrapper
/usr/local/samba/var/run/ctdb/ctdbd.pid start
/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd
/usr/local/samba/sbin/nmbd
/usr/local/samba/sbin/winbindd
exit 0