[Samba] Not Able to access cifs when AD connected to different network

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 27 19:47:44 UTC 2018

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 00:38:23 +0530
VigneshDhanraj G via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Recently upgraded samba to 4.7.8 from 4.7.15
>
> My PC and was connected under router 192.168.1.x in which i have AD
> server. now i moved the PC to another network 192.168.4.x.
>
> When i am trying to access the cifs it shows ERROR:Currently no logon
> servers available.

Is your 'new' subnet in AD ?

Can I suggest you try this smb.conf:

[Global]
    Workgroup = GNANA
    realm = GNANA.COM
    security = ADS
    server string= LenovoEMC~D px4-400d

    kerberos method= secrets and keytab

    idmap config * : backend = tdb
    idmap config * : range = 5000-9999
    idmap config GNANA : backend = rid
    idmap config GNANA : range = 10000000-19999999

    name resolve order= wins host bcast lmhosts
    dns proxy= no
    inherit acls= yes
    winbind offline logon= true
    template shell= /bin/sh
    map to guest= Bad User
    printcap name= lpstat
    ntlm auth= Yes

It is basically yours, but without all the default lines and 'idmap
config' set up correctly.

Rowland