[Samba] Ubuntu 18:04 not getting 'home' directory from DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 20 19:31:01 UTC 2018

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 15:12:52 -0400
Bob Thomas via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Rowland,
>
> How would I find this info?

The easiest way would be to run 'samba-tool user edit rachelj' on the
Samba AD DC and then search the output, if it isn't there, add it:

gecos: Rachel Jones

Close and save and you should be good to go.
This command will use the systems EDITOR, you can override this with
'--editor=your_favourite_editor' e.g. '--editor=nano'

> You seem to be being denied access to '.Xauthority', was it created on
> another machine ? No
>
> However, I am sure '-13' usually means incorrect password.

Have you considered using kerberos (sec=krb5) with pam_mount ?

Rowland