[Samba] Building rpcclient statically linked?

pisymbol pisymbol at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:31:05 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:36 PM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2018-06-18 at 15:56 -0400, pisymbol wrote:
> > I have a binary based off of rpclient that prints out the raw share
> > SD as a binary stream instead of trying to parse it into human
> > readable format (the default behavior). That is what I'm after.
> >
> > Hopefully that makes more sense.
>
> Personally I would do that with our python bindings.

Can you elaborate a bit more? If the python bindings are well, just that,
aren't they subject to the same limitations as the rpcclient binary itself,
i.e. gen_ndr et al not copying out the raw SD?

Or are you saying there is a way for me to send the underlying RPC itself
to bypass all of this stuff like rpcclient does via the bindings?

i would be thrilled to get the Python stuff working. I once looked into
this about a year or so ago but there wan't any documentation and I think
the whole Python bindings stuff was still in flux at the time.

-aps