[Samba] Help Python API Samba4 -- Project Web Admin Manager Samba4

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 18 07:19:48 UTC 2018

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 23:42:35 -0300
Nilton OS <jniltinho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Rowland
>
> Quick start:
> https://github.com/jniltinho/go-samba4/blob/master/README.md
>
> Debian 9 64Bits
>
> Soon I will change the entire documentation to English.
> You can access the demo application at the following link:
> https://35.196.196.235/
> LOGIN: administrator
> PASS: Linuxpro123456
>

> https://github.com/jniltinho/go-samba4

OK, as you do not seem to want to answer my questions, I will speak
bluntly:

You are tying your users into compiling Samba themselves, even though
there are perfectly good Debian packages available. Your project is
more likely to be used if it could be used with any installed Samba AD
DC.

At the moment, it will not work with an already installed and
provisioned Samba AD DC, I get this:

./go_samba4 --server-prod --ssl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "go_samba4.py", line 30, in <module>
  File "/tmp/pip-build-hPjfl7/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 396, in load_module
  File "app/__init__.py", line 31, in <module>
  File "/tmp/pip-build-hPjfl7/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 396, in load_module
  File "app/views/default.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "/tmp/pip-build-hPjfl7/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 396, in load_module
  File "app/model/auth/auth_base.py", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: No module named samba
[21535] Failed to execute script go_samba4

I think I know what the problem is, but I cannot even attempt to try
and fix it, because 'go_samba4' is a binary BLOB

I am sorry, but I cannot recommend any opensource project if it relies
on a binary BLOB, especially one that is 30.2 MB in size.

I still think 'go-samba4' is a pretty poor name, especially as it
doesn't seem to be written in 'go' any more, also what are you going to
do when Samba hits version 5 ?

Rowland