[Samba] Connection problem due to tdb_lock failed

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jun 17 18:23:21 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-06-17 at 14:23 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> Sorry, but there just isn't enough info provided.
> How are you running Samba ?
> On what OS ?
> What is in smb.conf ?

I think the big clue is already in the logs:

 tdb(/var/vol/3/.ctera/samba/lock/mutex.tdb): tdb_lock failed on list

CTERA seems to be some 'enterprise filesystem' thing.  I would try
again with all Samba databases on a local filesystem.  If the OP wants
clustered Samba, then use CTDB, but the Samba TDB files need to be on a
local FS.

Andrew Bartlett