[Samba] Help Python API Samba4 -- Project Web Admin Manager Samba4

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Jun 16 20:08:09 UTC 2018

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 16:52:17 -0300
Nilton OS via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

>  Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to know how to use the Python api to manage user and
> groups in samba4.
> I'm developing a samba4 admin web interface I'd like some examples of
> how to interact with the libs in python that are in that folder:
> samba4/lib/python2.7/site-packages and samba4/lib/python2.7/site-
> packages/samba
>

> This is the project I am developing.
> https://github.com/jniltinho/go-samba4

Four questions:

Why are you using a self compiled Samba ? Especially into a non
standard location.

Why have you compiled go_samba4

Why doesn't it work, I suspect it is because I am trying to use it with
a distro Samba package, but I refer back to the question above.

I get:

./go_samba4 --server-prod --ssl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "go_samba4.py", line 30, in <module>
  File "/tmp/pip-build-hPjfl7/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 396, in load_module
  File "app/__init__.py", line 31, in <module>
  File "/tmp/pip-build-hPjfl7/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 396, in load_module
  File "app/views/default.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "/tmp/pip-build-hPjfl7/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 396, in load_module
  File "app/model/auth/auth_base.py", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: No module named samba
[6737] Failed to execute script go_samba4

Why are you calling it 'go_samba4', at least drop the '4'

Rowland